07/14 APEX Dallas Professional Development Mini-Lecture Series - Module II: "Career and Professional Development Initiatives"
Event Name: Professional Development Career Event
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2005
Seminar : 7:30 pm
Location: Nedley's 1801 N. Plano Road , Richardson TX (972)690-1944
Contact: RSVP to Min, email@example.com
APEX Dallas would like to invite you for our second exciting career development event of the year. Our guest speaker Mr. Albert Tan, founder of PA2, the APEX Honorable Advisory Board Member will focus on "career and professional development initiatives". The content of the seminar is drawn from Mr. Tan's rich personal and professional experiences, as well as his observations of other professionals in other fields. The format of the seminar will be an informal dialog between Mr. Tan and the audience. So, come and join us! Bring your active mind! Tough questions are always welcome!
Below is the Bio of Mr. Albert Tan.
Albert C. Tan
Mr. Tan's practice focuses on debt financing and cross-border transactions with an emphasis on representation of domestic and foreign financial institutions in the United States and foreign direct investment and project development transactions in the Asia-Pacific region. His experience includes negotiating and documenting secured and unsecured credit facilities, joint ventures, and project development transactions in China , Korea , the Philippines , Thailand , and the United States .
Mr. Tan has practiced in Hong Kong , where he served on secondment from the Firm, as Chief Counsel for Greater China of Caltex Corporation (a wholly-owned subsidiary of ChevronTexaco). He currently serves as the Co-Chair of the Firm's Attorney Diversity Committee.
Mr. Tan has completed transactions and represented clients as follows:
- Represented major U.S. and foreign lenders as lead agents and arrangers in over $5,000,000,000 of structured secured credit facilities to domestic and global real estate opportunity and venture capital funds, secured by the capital commitments of institutional investors.
- Represented US joint venture partner on the negotiation and documentation of a 30% equity share transfer in a US$109,000,000 Sino-foreign JV project for the development, construction and operation of the 108,000 metric tons LPG underground cavern storage and breakbulk terminal facilities in Shantou, China.
- Represented Sino-foreign JV on the enforcement of construction bonds of KEXIM and initiating and settlement of claims in Korea against a large Korean conglomerate relating to its construction deficiencies and delay damages in the Shantou LPG project.
- Represented US major oil company on the negotiation and documentation of a proposed formation of a RMB 116,000,000 Sino-foreign JV with CNPC for the construction and operation of lubricant oil and engine coolant blending plant, with offload and transport pipeline facilities in Tianjin , China .
- Represented US major oil company on the negotiation and documentation of a US$29,000,000 WFOE in Changzhou , China and the sale of a US$28,000,000 LPG air mixing plant in Guangzhou , China .
- Represented international power project sponsor on all project-related matters, including the conversion of construction financing to US Eximbank term-loan financing, for its 440 MW coal-fired power project in Quezon, Phillippines.
- Represented a US utility on its formation of a JV with a large Japanese conglomerate to collectively take on a 20% stake in a project company that will develop, construct, own and operate a 1200 MW natural gas fired combined cycle generating plant in Batangas, Philippines.
"Texas Rising Stars" ( Law and Politics, Texas Monthly , 2004 and 2005)
"Best Lawyers under 40" ( National Asian Pacific American Bar Association , 2003)
"40 Under 40 in Dallas-Fort Worth business community" ( Dallas Business Journal , May 2002)
"Best Lawyers under 40 in Dallas " ( D Magazine , May 2002)
"40 Up and Coming Lawyers Under 40 in the State of Texas " ( Texas Lawyer , September 2001)
LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
B.A., San Diego State University
Asia Society Texas (Board of Directors); State Bar of Texas (Executive Council, International Section); Inter-Pacific Bar Association (Vice-Chair of Cross-Border Investment Committee); APEX Dallas (Honorable Advisory Board); and Fellow of Dallas Bar Foundation.